What Are “Best Start Hubs” ?
Best Start Hubs offer a mix of services to families. Children and parents can participate in early learning programs such as circle time and creative activities, literacy programs as well as exploring a variety of play opportunities. Parents can borrow a wide range of resources and participate in workshops.
Best Start Hubs are staffed with child development and early years practitioners and volunteers to deliver programs and to support parents and caregivers in finding the information, programs or services they need.
What We Offer
- A Free drop-in service for families
- An abundance of resources and information containing a variety of topics
- Programming is based on the Early Learning Framework and emergent curriculum offering age and developmentally appropriate early learning activities that follow Ministry Education guidelines
- Weekly parenting workshops
- School readiness programs
- Literacy and referrals to children’s services
- Triple P facilitators on site
- Compliance with the Ministry of Education
- Registered members with the College of Early Childhood Educators