What Are “EarlyON Child and Family Centres” ?
EarlyON Child and Family Centres provide opportunities for children from birth to 6 years of age to participate in play and inquiry-based programs, and support parents and caregivers in their roles. These centres will offer safe and welcoming environments open to all families across Ontario, with qualified professionals and quality programs. Families and caregivers will be able to find support, advice, make personal connections and access a network of resources.
The Ministry of Education will work with municipalities, school boards, community partners, parents and caregivers throughout this transition to enhance programs and minimize service disruptions for children and families. Additional information about the process can be found in the Public Plan for Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres.
What We Offer
- Services offered in English and French in Wawa
- A Free drop-in service for families
- An abundance of resources and information containing a variety of topics
- Programming is based on the Early Learning Framework and emergent curriculum offering age and developmentally appropriate early learning activities that follow Ministry Education guidelines
- Weekly parenting workshops
- School readiness programs
- Literacy and referrals to children’s services
- Triple P facilitators on site
- Compliance with the Ministry of Education
- Registered members with the College of Early Childhood Educators